Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

BREAKING NOW: Deadly School Shooting In Ohio With Terrifying Motive Already Uncovered

On Valentine’s Day, the unthinkable happened in Parkland, Florida when 19 year old Nikolas Cruz walked into his old school and opened fire, killing 17 and injuring 15.  When these shootings happen the inevitable gun debt begins, the left news outlets focus on what the killer used to do the killing rather than the person who committed the crime and why. It’s not just the gun debate that is sparked after these tragic events, is also triggers the next mentally ill person waiting in the wings for his 15 minutes of fame.

Almost one week after the tragic school shooting that happened in Florida the Nation has been rocked once again by this horrible reality. Far too many times after a shooting there are reports of schools everywhere receiving threats and on the unfortunate occasion there are “copycats” who act out and it turns into reality, not just a threat.

Today Jackson Memorial Middle school’s worst fear just became their reality.

According to Hollywood LifeLess than a week after the Parkland, Florida school shootings, another school went on lockdown after a student brought a gun onto campus. This time, however, the student shot himself, and no other individuals were injured — thank goodness. Even still though, the Jackson Local School District in Ohio’s Stark County went on lockdown on the morning of Feb. 20, right after the incident occurred. The child, a seventh-grade boy at Jackson Memorial Middle School, reportedly shot himself in the boys’ bathroom just before 8 am, according to CBS Cleveland affiliate WOIO.

The boy was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital to be treated for the self-inflicted gunshot wound, however, his condition is not yet known. Police also did not reveal whether or not the shooting was intentional or accidental. “The Middle School and High School are on lockdown at this time,” Jackson Local Schools said in a statement. “Students will be released to their parents in the near future.” In addition to the middle and high school, all four elementary schools were also closed on Tuesday. A message on the school’s website said students would be released around 11 am, as the kids reportedly had to have their lockers searched first before their parents could pick them up.

What people are most shocked at in the community, is how the young teen got access to a gun in the first place, and how he entered the school with it undetected. Gina Larkins has an eighth-grade daughter, and she told News 5 that she saw police activity at the middle school on her way to drop off her other daughter at the elementary school. “I received a phone call from the superintendent that the middle school and high school was on lockdown and all the elementary schools would be closed. I just pulled in waiting to hear further information,” she said. “I just want to get my daughter and hug her and hold her. I thought it would never happen here but obviously, that is not the case.”

Anxious parents waited outside the school for their children to be released, while police explained that their heavy emergency response was a precaution.

We will keep you updated when we learn more about the events that took place today. It is very unfortunate that another incident like this happened but I am grateful that it wasn’t worse.


Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×

Thanks for sharing!

Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Send this to a friend